• Aloha, ohana!šŸŒŗ Tiki LoungešŸ—æ is a community for all tiki & MCM fans! Join today!

Disney's Jungle Cruise (2021) - Movie with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Emily Blunt

Kahuna

Title: Jungle Cruise

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Comedy, Action

Director: Jaume Collet-Serra

Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Edgar RamĆ­rez, Jack Whitehall, Jesse Plemons, Paul Giamatti, Dani Rovira, Sulem Calderon, Veronica FalcĆ³n, Andy Nyman, Raphael Alejandro, Quim GutiĆ©rrez, Mark Ashworth, David Lengel, Emily Marie Palmer, Ilana Kohanchi, Alfredo Tavares, Annika Pampel, Keith Arthur Bolden, Pedro LĆ³pez, Philipp Maximilian, Simone Lockhart, Piper Collins, Faith Fay, Justin Randell Brooke, JosuĆ© Gutierrez, Jason Szabo, Stephan Goldbach, Madeline Brumby, Peter Luis Zimmerman, Danny Pardo, Jason New, Romualdo Castillo, Nicholas Ryan Hernandez, Matt Lindquist, Michael H. Cole, David Turner, Alexandra Velez, James Quattrochi, Ryan Boz, Dan Dargan Carter, Met Clark, Mariama Diallo, Kylie Michele Fuller, Ryan Dinning, Nick Benseman, Abraham Takatsuki, Casey Nelson, Keith Nussbaum, Tom Vodnik, James William Ballard, Jay D. Kacho, Shawn McBride, Xavier Leblanc, Henardo Rodriguez, Sebastian Blunt, Allan Poppleton, Caroline Paige, Stephen Dunlevy, Diederik Verhoef, Pedro Haro, Christina Souza, Michael Cole, Hector Banos, Luis Burbano, Travis Gomez, Marcus Young

Release: 2021-07-28

Runtime: 127

Plot: Dr. Lily Houghton enlists the aid of wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff to take her down the Amazon in his dilapidated boat. Together, they search for an ancient tree that holds the power to heal ā€“ a discovery that will change the future of medicine.
Disney's Jungle Cruise (2021) - Movie with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Emily Blunt

This looks like it'll be a fun watch! šŸ˜Ž
This summer, join Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and Emily Blunt on the adventure of a lifetime. šŸš¢ Watch the new trailer for Disneyā€™s Jungle Cruise and see the movie in theaters or order it on Disney+ with Premier Access July 30. Additional Fee Required.​
Inspired by the famous Disneyland theme park ride, Disneyā€™s ā€œJungle Cruiseā€ is an adventure- filled, rollicking thrill-ride down the Amazon with wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff and intrepid researcher Dr. Lily Houghton. Lily travels from London, England to the Amazon jungle and enlists Frankā€™s questionable services to guide her downriver on La Quilaā€”his ramshackle-but- charming boat. Lily is determined to uncover an ancient tree with unparalleled healing abilitiesā€”possessing the power to change the future of medicine. Thrust on this epic quest together, the unlikely duo encounters innumerable dangers and supernatural forces, all lurking in the deceptive beauty of the lush rainforest. But as the secrets of the lost tree unfold, the stakes reach even higher for Lily and Frank and their fateā€”and mankindā€™sā€”hangs in the balance.​
Jaume Collet-Serra directs the film, which stars Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Edgar RamĆ­rez and Jack Whitehall, with Jesse Plemons, and Paul Giamatti. The producers are John Davis and John Fox of Davis Entertainment; Dwayne Johnson, Hiram Garcia and Dany Garcia of Seven Bucks Productions; and Beau Flynn of Flynn Picture Co., with Scott Sheldon and Doug Merrifield serving as executive producers. The story is by John Norville & Josh Goldstein and Glenn Ficarra & John Requa, and the screenplay is by Michael Green and Glenn Ficarra & John Requa. Disneyā€™s ā€œJungle Cruiseā€ releases in U.S. theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access on July 30, 2021.​
2BYffYyvNPf5fa9Hmudoum-1024-80.jpg.webp

This looks like it'll be a fun watch! šŸ˜Ž
Agreed šŸ‘ From the special effects and the bit of humor it seems to be a mix of Pirates of the Caribbean and Brendan Fraser's The Mummy. Speaking of The Mummy, it's a bit of a shame that Disney doesn't own Universal since Rick O'Connell would've made an excellent S.E.A. member character.

Watch the new trailer for Disneyā€™s Jungle Cruise and see the movie in theaters or order it on Disney+ with Premier Access July 30. Additional Fee Required.
We have Disney+ here at the house but will need to wait for it to become available for all subscribers. "Premier Access" is just a fancy way of saying "You'll need to pay above & beyond what you're already paying for your subscription to see this movie." Between all of the various monthly subscription & service we already pay for I don't see myself paying even more just to watch a movie early when it will eventually be available to all subscribers.

Visually, I canā€™t help but thinking itā€™s a reboot of ā€œThe African Queenā€ with Bogart and Hepburn. Iā€™ll see it when it hits regular streaming.
:thinking:

That's an interesting comparison. Now I'll really have to make sure I watch Jungle Cruise when it's available on Disney+. 2021-11-12 is a Friday night so I can make it a 'pizza & a movie night'. :D

(It also gives me enough time to see if I can find The African Queen on streaming anywhere before then.)

I finally got around to watching this one. It's a fun movie and, at PG-13, it's mostly family friendly.

Originally, based on the trailers, I had the impression that it was a mashup between POTC and The Mummy, now after watching it I'd argue that it's a mashup between POTC, African Queen, and with a liberal dose of the Disney theme ride. Disney is already supposedly working on a sequel, and the ending certainly leaves the door open for all of the characters to return, so it'll be interesting to see if Disney turns this into a family friendly franchise as an alternative to POTC.

I think the Book of Boba Fett comes out first
First episode of Boba dropped this past Friday. They release one episode per week so if you're not a current Disney+ subscriber and will be signing up only watch Boba then it might be worth to wait a few weeks to so that more episodes are available for viewing at once.

I finally got around to watching this one. It's a fun movie and, at PG-13, it's mostly family friendly.

Originally, based on the trailers, I had the impression that it was a mashup between POTC and The Mummy, now after watching it I'd argue that it's a mashup between POTC, African Queen, and with a liberal dose of the Disney theme ride. Disney is already supposedly working on a sequel, and the ending certainly leaves the door open for all of the characters to return, so it'll be interesting to see if Disney turns this into a family friendly franchise as an alternative to POTC.
Whatā€™s POTC?

Back