• Aloha, ohana!🌺 Tiki Lounge🗿 is a community for all tiki & MCM fans! Join today!

Tiki Tiki ASMR Videos

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
Lately I've been looking into ASMR videos as of way of helping me get to sleep. In particular, rainstorm videos. That got me thinking... are there any 'tiki' themed ASMR videos? :thinking:

ASMR, for those who may not be familiar with it, stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR). You can find a lot of debate as to what "ASMR" effect is supposed to have on people but, at it's simplest, it's a way of using sensory input to change your mood. It could be something simple, like rain sounds, or it could be physical - being touched in a certain way - or it may be a calming visual or a combination of inputs. If you want to go down a really deep rabbit hole follow some of the Wikipedia links. :eek:

Not going to far off on a tangent, I can't help but think of the opposite that was popular in the 70's & 80's, sensory deprivation tanks. Altered States, anyone? I also think it's a bit funny that some of what is now being called "ASMR" is what has been called 'whitenoise' for years, loops of audio or video to produce a calming sensation. Then of course there are the fireplace videos and aquarium videos that people have been making for years.

But what does any of this have to do with "tiki" folks? While thinking about it I realized that there is indeed a 'tiki' ASMR video out there. It combines video and audio sensory input in a combination that a lot of folks find very relaxing. And it even includes rain!

I'm talking, of course, about the Enchanted Tiki Room / Trader Sam's 4-hour video created by Disney Dan.

Play that full-screen on a 4K monitor and just try to sat it isn't relaxing. :D

Searching for 'tiki asmr' gives some weird results. :eek: I did not find any more tiki asmr videos but found something else interesting. 10 hours of rain in the Disney haunted mansion hallway!

Back