• Aloha, ohana!🌺 Tiki Lounge🗿 is a community for all tiki & MCM fans! Join today!

zickazack

Hi everyone! I just wanted to announce my new book called the "United World of Tiki Passport". The book is slightly larger than your standard passport and contains every legitimate Tiki bar around the world listed by continent and then by country (and then again, alphabetically by city). Each page is a different country or state with the right side set up as a grid and each Tiki bar listed, one bar per square on the grid. When you arrive at one of the bars, you can then scratch off the name (similar to a lottery scratcher), revealing the logo of the bar underneath. The left side is the map of the country and little pineapple icons denoting the location of the Tiki bars within the country. But this isn't only a scratch-your-way-around-the-world. Included is a brief history of the origins of Tiki starting from Donn Beach's sea adventures in 1929, all the way to Tiki's evolution (and revolution) in the mid-2000s. Further still, each "chapter" starts with historical and geographical facts about the continent coming up in the book. Please feel free to see some photos and reels on my Instagram for details (@zickazack) as well as the Kickstarter where you can actually back the project and receive a passport of your very own!! (Click here for Kickstarter link) If you have any questions, please either post them here or you can DM me on my Instagram (see handle above). It would mean the world to me if I can actually get this project printed and sent out to everyone who has a love for Tiki and world travel.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read and I hope one day our paths will cross in some Tiki bar far away, and we can scratch it off our passport together!

Attachments

• Passport_Cover.jpg
    Passport_Cover.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 1,121
That looks pretty cool!
When you arrive at one of the bars, you can then scratch off the name (similar to a lottery scratcher), revealing the logo of the bar underneath.
I noticed in the video that the names aren't shown in the grid in the video. Just curious, what is thought on how to handle locations that have closed?

Names are indeed shown in the grid. When the bar is scratched off, the logo is revealed! As for the closed locations, it's a sad sad thing when it happens, but nothing can be done about it. You could write it on the page denoting that the bar closed, or in the notes section at the end of the book!

It's a cool concept for travellers. :cool:

Names are indeed shown in the grid.
Rewatching the video, I notice now the names are shown for the US states in the screenshot but not in the video for the non-US pages.
1676662804283.png

You could write it on the page denoting that the bar closed, or in the notes section at the end of the book!
Yep, you got me thinking of ideas. I'll find out after the next batch ships. :D

Rewatching the video, I notice now the names are shown for the US states in the screenshot but not in the video for the non-US pages.
Yeah, the names are printed on the scratcher, so when you scratch it off, the name will naturally go with it. The logo under the scratcher will have the name of the bar as well. You'll notice in that screenshot you sent over, that the first bar was completely scratched off revealing the VaVoom Tiki Room logo in The Hague, and the second bar is in the middle of being scratched off. Either way, I can assure you, all bars have their name printed in each grid :smiley:

Yep, you got me thinking of ideas. I'll find out after the next batch ships. :D
If you notice any bars in my book that have closed, please do let me know! I have yet to print these as I need the Kickstarter to be fully funded before I do, so I still have time to make edits. Thanks!

Back