• Aloha, ohana!🌺 Tiki Lounge🗿 is a community for all tiki & MCM fans! Join today!

Music What are you listening to? 🎵

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
What's currently playing on your listening playlist? 🤘

I think I've been driving Mrs. Kevin nuts by having this play at nearly full volume while I'm home working during the great Quarantiki of 2020.

Disney's Moana is one of my guilty pleasure movies that I like watching. It's a pretty nice Spring day in these parts finally, it's making the outside look all.... shiny. :p

What's currently on your music listening list? Old, new? Something unexpected?

Dusty_CARD_1024x1024_905f3d2f-033c-4fa0-ad93-cd6eec6e8a97.jpg

This amazing image is titled "Dusty's Gig" by Robert Jimenez.

The cover of Fly Me to the Moon by Joo Won from the Squid Game. It's a shame that I can't find a single version of it, just the unofficial video.

Joo Won posted that her cover of the song isn't included in the OST because of licensing reasons; that's likely why there isn't an official video either, just fan edits.

What's currently on your music listening list? Old, new? Something unexpected?

View attachment 510
This amazing image is titled "Dusty's Gig" by Robert Jimenez.

I love Dusty’s Gig. It’s probably my favorite piece of Tiki art. I used to have it as my phone case.

One year, I’m gonna dress up like Dusty for a Halloween gig. We already have the same guitar. Fezorama handles the hat part. I really like that strap….

See, I got sidetracked by Dusty!

So, my current musical thrill is an album called The Exotic Sounds of Martin Denny. It’s a 40-song album I found on Spotify. I’m not sure if it’s a remastered compilation or what. I think some of the tracks, remarkably Quiet Village, are alternate takes. This version is a little edgier than the hit version.

Also, Eden Abhez’ “Eden’s Island.”

Back in the mid-60's The Loovin' Spoonful released Voodoo in my Basement. I just came across this instrumental version that is pretty cool.

Dean Martin - The Money Song

If you got it you don't need it
If you need it you don't got it
You don't get shame on you
Funny funny funny what money can do

Them that have it get more of it
Less they need it the more they love it
And it sticks to them like glue
Funny funny funny what money can do

Ask the rich man he'll confess
Money can't buy happiness
Ask the poor man he don't doubt
But he'd rather be miserable with than without

If you spend it please be wiser
If you save it you're a miser
You don't want it you're cuckoo
Funny funny funny what money can do (x2)

Money money we love you
Funny funny funny what you can do

Back to the music. I’ve been on a steady diet of Santo & Johnny, and Les Paul & Mary Ford for the last few weeks. Getting ready for some fun shows in 2022 with Jill Martini & The Shrunken Heads. Exciting stuff coming soon, and at least two new albums planned for 2022 release.

Back